Are you looking for the best glass shower door cleaner? You are not alone. A majority of homeowners across the country struggle with those difficult to clean stains and hard water spots on a daily basis. I believe your bathroom should be a place where you go to relax and get clean. It shouldn’t be a place where you want to escape from because of stubborn stains that won’t come off no matter how hard you wipe and scrub. Truth be told, glass shower doors are quite difficult to clean with just soap and water. The stubborn soap scum just won’t disappear without a fight.
What causes the stubborn spots and stains on glass shower doors?
Those spots and stains we’ve come to hate with a passion result from a combination of paraffin wax used in making soap and hard water. In my experience, the severity of the stains depends on the quality of water you use in your shower and the soap products you bathe with. The stains are most visible on the glass shower door.
I’ve also learned that trying to scrub off the stains with nothing more than soap and water is a waste of time. It only worsens the problem leaving you with more streaks and smears. The only solution is to use a good glass shower door cleaning product. This will not only make your bathroom cleaning duties easier but completely eliminate the stubborn stains as well. So what is the best glass shower door cleaner on the market today? Here is a quick review of our top recommended products.
Best Glass Shower door Cleaner products Comparison Table[table id=3 /]
Driven Extreme Duty Glass Cleaner
This is a tough glass cleaner from the Driven brand made to eliminate the toughest stains on every glass surface. It combines a strong acid with cutting abrasives to remove stubborn etched-in glass smears and stains. It can efficiently clean even the most severely stained glass surfaces. The Driven Extreme is also quite versatile. It works on many glass surfaces such as car windows, motor homes, boats, trailers, and aircrafts. It is also suited for domestic uses on glass shower doors, sliding glass doors, glass top surfaces, house windows, sinks, ceramic tiles, and porcelain toilets and tubs.
- A premium acid gel glass cleaning product from the Driven brand
- Can effectively remove normal stains and any tough grime
- This product is a combination of acid gel and Driven’s Extreme Cutting Abrasives that can clean even the most weathered glass surfaces.
- Very effective against mold and mildew development
- Removes rust and paint spray too
- Versatile cleaner that can safely be used on glass, porcelain, and ceramic household items
Wet & Forget 801064 Shower Cleaner
The Wet & Forget shower cleaner is available in 64oz or 5 gallon bottles. The easy to use spray cleaner is designed to help you maintain your glass shower door and other bathroom surfaces fresh and clean. You only need to spray the shower cleaner once every week to prevent accumulation of soap scum, oils, grime, and mildew or mold stains. With Wet & Forget, you don’t need to spray and scrub every day like you would with other shower cleaners.
- It doesn’t have harsh chemical odors. No more eye stinging ammonia odors
- Comes with a fresh soothing vanilla scent
- You don’t have to scrub or wipe vigorously. Just spray once a week to prevent soap scum build-up.
- Comes in 64 oz containers
- A biodegradable product that doesn’t harm the environment
- Can clean stains caused by mold and mildew while preventing build-up of grime, soap scum, and oils.
- Doesn’t contain ammonia, bleach, or dyes
- Easy to use. Doesn’t require harsh scrubbing and wiping
- Can last up to eight times longer than most of the daily shower cleaners on the market today.
Bio Clean: Eco Friendly Hard Water Stain Remover
This is the same Eco Friendly Hard Water Stain cleaner from Bio Clean discussed above but in an extra-large 480 oz container. This can last twice as long as the 200 oz container. It still retains the same professional cleaning efficiency as the smaller model. It can effectively remove tough hard water stains from glass shower doors, car windshields, tiles, granite, chrome, and other surfaces.
- Provides a safe and efficient way to clean stubborn stains caused by hard water, rust, and other chemicals.
- Can clean all types of stains that result from exposure to limescale, acid rain, phosphorous, calcium, and paint overspray.
- Environment friendly product made of abrasive non-chemical materials.
- Can be used to clean hard minerals off brick and concrete surfaces
- Works perfectly on a wide range of materials including glass, chrome, tile, porcelain, steel, stone, marble, granite, brass, aluminum, stainless steel, hard vinyl, and fiberglass.
- Can be used to clean tiles and grout.
- Used in both domestic and professional settings including homes, hospitals, hotels, manufacturing plants, supermarkets, and other public places.
- Comes with a 100% money back guarantee of 60 days after date of purchase.
Bring it on Cleaner with Oxygen Bleach
Bring It On Cleaner has a powerful formula capable of removing years of stain build-up on glass shower doors, faucets, fiberglass tubs, tile and grout. It is also effective against stains caused by phosphorus, limescale, calcium, and other minerals. It works on different types of hard surfaces such as porcelain and ceramic.
- Powerful hard surface stain remover with the safe benefits of fine jeweler abrasives and oxygen bleach. Also removes stains safely and effectively.
- Doesn’t contain chlorine based chemicals that harm your children, pets, and the environment. Safe alternative to toxic cleaning products.
- It completely eliminates hard water stains and smears on glass shower doors
- Can be used to clean windows, tiles, tubs, shower trays, and grout too
- Removes stubborn stains on bathroom faucets, sinks, and basins
- Can be used to clean hot tub and swimming pool tiles
- Safe for cleaning cooker stoves made of glass, enamel, and stainless steel
- Removes rust stains and mineral deposits on concrete, stone, brass, chrome, copper, bricks, and aluminum materials without causing any damages.
Rain-X 630035 Shower Door Cleaner
The Rain-X Shower Door Cleaner is formulated to remove build-up of hard water stains to leave your bathroom sparkling clean. It is ideal for eliminating all types soap scum, dirt, calcium, lime, and rust stains from glass shower doors.
- It provides thorough dH22:L23 deep cleaning to give your glass shower doors a sparkling shine
- It is designed to clean hard water stains and soap scum from glass surfaces
- Available in a 12 oz bottle
- Can only be used on glass surfaces only
- It is quite easy to use. Just spray and wipe off the stains
- It works perfectly well on car windshields too. Has a special water beading technology that gives you a clear view while driving.
Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover
This is an effective formula that can instantly clean glass plastic, porcelain, chrome, ceramic tile, and stone surfaces without much scrubbing. You can easily use it. Simply use it on the surface to get a clean finish. You’ll only need to wait for at least 3 minutes after spraying for the cleaner to penetrate the stains before rinsing. It eliminates tough soap scum and hard water stains on glass instantly.
- It is available in 24 oz containers
- Its formula cleans a wide range of surfaces including glass, chrome, ceramic tile, plastic, porcelain, stone, and many more.
- It is fragrance free, which is a safer option for people with allergies and reactions to strong detergent smells
- It is safe for home use. Won’t harm your children and pets
- Does not cause damage to glass, fiberglass, porcelain, and other materials
- It is extremely easy to use
- It is a product with multiple cleaning excellence awards
Bio Clean: Eco Friendly Hard Water Stain Remover
This is a professional eco-friendly cleaner that can remove the toughest stains from your shower doors, car windshields, ceramic tiles, porcelain toilets, chrome, steel and much more. It is the safest and efficient way to clean surfaces stained with soap scum and hard water. Its unique formula can eliminate all forms of mineral stains and water spots. The eco-friendly hard water cleaner is used in nursing homes, hospitals, hotels, and manufacturing plants. It is also used in auto detailing facilities.
- Professional cleaner with powerful industrial strength to eliminate tough stubborn stains, rust, mold, and mildew.
- Removes years of hard mineral build-up including limescale and rust
- Environmental friendly. The cleaner is abrasive based and is made using a non-chemical compound. Its biodegradable formula does not release harmful fumes and smells
- Works on a wide range of surfaces including glass shower doors, shower glass, windows, car windshields, barbecue chrome, tiles, granite, marble, aluminum, stainless steel, brass, hard vinyl, bath tubs, toilets, and many more.
- Effective against mild or severe hard water stains. Restores the shine on foggy or hazed glass surfaces
- Trusted by homeowners and professionals in nursing homes, hospitals, hotels, manufacturing plants, and other public places.
- Comes with a 60-day money back guarantee
You need the best glass shower door cleaner to keep your bathroom invitingly neat. Unsightly stains on your glass shower, especially on the door, can be an eyesore. You may have tried to scrub them off using just soap and water but the stubborn stains just won’t leave. This is mainly because the stains and smears are caused by hard water and chemicals used in production of soap. The stains could also result from a build-up of calcium, phosphorus, and other tough chemicals that cannot be removed by soap and water. You may even worsen the situation when you keep on scrubbing as this often results in more smears and streaks across the glass surface of your shower door.
The best solution to the glass shower door stains problem is to use an efficient glass cleaning product. Each of the cleaning products I have reviewed above has been proven to remove all types of stains not only on glass surfaces but on ceramic tiles, stainless steel, chrome, aluminum, porcelain, fiberglass, and other surfaces. Some of the products such as the Rejuvenate Soap Scum remover and Driven Extreme Duty Glass cleaner work really fast in removing tough stains and hard water buildup in your bathroom and kitchen surfaces. The products are safe for home use too. They don’t carry strong and offensive detergent smells. They’ll leave your bathroom with a fresh pleasant fragrance. They are environment-friendly and cannot harm your children and pets. Feel free to choose any one of our carefully selected glass shower door cleaning products that suits your budget and cleaning needs.